Welcome to ACA’s Enrichment Extension!
Add to your Wisconsin experience and explore your college options, take on the great outdoors, or give back to the surrounding Madison community!
You’ll remain in Madison with the secure company of trusted ACA staff members, as well as many of the friends you’ve made on your ACA program. Of course, you’ll also enjoy the comfortable accommodations and superior guidance you’ve come to expect from ACA. Please select which option best suits you. (supplemental tuition required)
Option 1: Collegiate Week
Welcome to the invaluable world of college exploration...
Discover ACA’s enriching and informative Collegiate Week. We know you’ve set your academic sights high and are looking to attend the very best. That’s why ACA wants to make sure you feel confident about your upcoming college application process. After Collegiate Week, you’ll walk away with a personalized college admissions timeline, a personal statement, tips to ace admission interviews, a personalized request for recommendation letters from mentors, plus a pocket guide for when you visit and tour your dream campus. College is your next big adventure—let’s make sure it happens at the school of your dreams!
Top advisors will work one-on-one with each ACA student, focusing on:
- Exploring different majors to discover what’s the right path for you
- Finding colleges and universities that suit your goals and interests
- Creating a personal resume highlighting your strengths and experiences
- Becoming an essay-writing genius by attending writing workshops focused on admission-essay questions and answers
- Perfecting your personal statement
- Speaking with distinguished admission advisors regarding the admissions process
- Preparing for interviews with college admissions teams
- Learning how to submit the best application possible through college application seminars
Option 2: Outdoor Adventure Week
Take to the waves or head over the wall – this week will be dedicated to the thrills and adventures of the outdoors!
Whether you’re up for some canoeing and kayaking or you want to try your rock climbing skills, ACA’s Outdoor Adventure Week is the perfect fit for any outdoor sports enthusiast. You will hike your way along Devil’s Lake, Wisconsin’s biggest state park, zip your way around some of the best zip line tours, work on your balance on a windsurfing board and so much more during this weeklong exploration of outdoor adventures!
Love to put the pedal to the metal? Madison is home to one of the nation’s best bicycling scenes. Some say there are even more bikes than cars in this amazing college town! If you want to soak up the sun while participating in the most exciting adventures, Outdoor Adventure Week is the perfect way to end your stay in Madison.
- Explore the local hiking and biking trails around Lake Monona
- Catch a wave on your windsurfing board or grab a canoe or kayak out on Lake Mendoata
- Improve your agility skills as you experience the thrill of our supervised indoor rock climbing wall
- Enjoy a picturesque nature hike of the scenic surroundings of the famous Picnic Point, as you take in the breathtaking views of Madison and the State Capitol from the vantage point of Lake Mendota
- Experience the thrills and excitement of the ever popular Dells Zip Line Tours
- Relax and enjoy the sun as you check out the scenic UW Arboretum and Gardens
Option 3: Community Service Week
Complete your ACA summer experience making a difference and giving back!
Join us in ACA’s Community Service Week, which allows students to participate in fulfilling service projects earning 20 hours of service.
“Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living.” ACA’s Service Learning week embodies this Albert Einstein quote, providing rewarding opportunities to spend time helping to make Madison an even better place for its citizens and visitors.
Past ACA Service Partners include:
- Second Harvest Food Pantry
- Ronald McDonald House
- March of Dimes
- Middleton Village Senior Living Community
- Support Our Troops
- Madison School and Community Recreation Program
- Bayview Foundation
- Madison Local Service Projects
ACA is committed to helping students participate in social and personal transformation. Our goal is to encourage them to realize the power they have to grow as individuals while contributing to an environment of cultural understanding and mutual respect. Students will find inspiring ways to use their talents. Upon completion, every participant receives a certificate highlighting the total number of hours volunteered and projects completed.